- Our social media pages promote events and celebrate the achievements of children and young people. They also share updates from staff, business partners and the wider community.
Social media pages promote events and celebrate the achievements of children and young people. They also share updates from staff, business partners and the wider community.
In interacting on these pages, you agree to:
- Model respectful communication and online etiquette
- Support the learning of our community and build positive digital reputations
- Keep your personal information private to minimise your risk of receiving unwanted contact.
DECYP is committed to supporting all children and young people in a respectful manner. While we know most people will behave in an appropriate manner, if your comment does not adhere to the values of DECYP, then action can include the following:
- Hiding your comment
- Blocking you from the page Considering what further action might be appropriate in the circumstances. In extreme circumstances, this may include reporting your comment or post to Facebook, or the Police.
DECYP reserves the right to close comments on posts. Especially when they may elicit harmful, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful user contributions.
DECYP will also close comments on posts during periods in which monitoring is not available. This period will vary depending on the resources available to each DECYP’s social media page e.g. school pages will be limited.
Be aware that third-party Product providers (eg Facebook) collect content about you when you use the Product. For example, they log when you’re using and have last used the Product, and what posts, videos and other content you view on the Products. They also collect information about how you use features. If you have privacy concerns around the collection of your data by this third-party, you may choose to select an alternative method of communicating with DECYP, schools, colleges, libraries, and Child and Family Learning Centres.
Any links to other websites that have been included on this social media platform are provided for your convenience only. The Crown in its role as manager of this social media page does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, availability, or appropriateness to the user’s purposes, of any information or services on any other website. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.
If you have any questions on the use of material available on this social media page, please use the contact information to reach out via phone or email.
DECYP accounts are permitted to share important community announcements from other Government agencies. Such as Tasmania Police and the Department of Health. For example, important health, weather and community information.