- We all want the same thing – for children to be safe and well at home with their families.
- Our Intensive Family Engagement Service (IFES) is used when there are concerns about children and young people.
- IFES provide intensive support to families to reduce safety concerns for children, so they can remain safely in their family home.
- Sometimes with the right support, positive changes happen.
How does it work?
It’s a voluntary program for parents. If you agree to get involved, you’ll have to sign a consent form.
We will help you:
- understand what our concerns are about your child’s safety and wellbeing
- look at what your family needs are, and come up with a plan on how to address them
- set up a family meeting to do up a safety plan
- help to make sure that you and your children have people in your lives who can help you when you need them – services, friends and family.
When you’ve reached your goals and we all agree your children are safe, we can continue to support you with a less-intensive support service, for as long as you need.