Trade Training Centres (TTCs) and Trades Skills Centres (TSCs) are specialised trade training facilities established in regional locations that will enable school students and adult community members to undertake accredited training.
Our TTCs engage learners, support industry and to enable communities. This will occur through meeting the following objectives:
Engaging learners by:
- Delivering quality vocational learning, including predominantly VET, for school students and adult learners
- Assisting in transitioning into further education, training or employment
Supporting industry by:
- Providing vocational learning which industry has confidence in, and is responsive to needs within the TTC’s local labour market and region
- Delivering relevant and transferrable skills to learners
Enabling communities by:
- Promoting and demonstrating the value of vocational learning, including VET
- Facilitating strategic alliances which benefit learners and industry in the local community.
Trade Training Centres and Trades Skills Centres are located in the areas listed below. Additional information regarding the courses on offer can be found by clicking the link for individual centres.
The Trade Training and Trade Skills Centre Policy (PDF, 518KB) intends to support the sustainable operation of industry standard trade training facilities, with the use of these high standard facilities to deliver VET that is supported by strong collaboration with industry, community and local government.
The Policy is closely supported by the Trade Training and Trade Skills Centre Procedure (PDF, 707KB) which includes strategic planning, governance and reporting requirements for TTCs, as well as the roles of Principals and Coordinators in managing each facility.
South East Trade Training Centre
Address: 10 Forcett Street, Sorell 7172
Phone: 03 6269 1199