- Your care team wants to know your wishes around spending time with family.
- A child or young person’s family could include their parents, siblings, extended family, community and other people important in their lives.
- There are many ways you can stay in touch with the people important to you, like siblings.
How does family time work?
Your care team will ask you to think about:
- Who you want to spend time with?
- How would you like to spend your time with family?
- How often would you like to connect with them?
- Where would you like to spend time with them?
There are many types of contact, including:
- overnight stays
- phone and video calls
- cards and letters
- text messages
- social media.
You can change your mind at any time. Your care team will be guided by your wishes around who you want to spend time with.