- The Tasmanian foster care community includes government and non-government organisations which provide safe and supportive placements for children or young people who are unable to live with their own families.
- We partner with a variety of organisations who recruit, train and support carers on a daily basis.
- As an agency, DECYP works with children and young people, foster care providers and foster carers to meet the needs of children and young people in our care.
- We invite you to review the details of our foster care providers and contact the one that might best meet your needs to become a member of our foster care community.
- Baptcare is a not-for-profit organisation providing foster and kinship care services across Tasmania.
- Baptcare is committed to ensuring strengths-based, individualised approaches to working with young people and their foster families.
- Foster care is challenging and immensely rewarding. From the first enquiry we offer prospective carers support and guidance – no matter the final decision.
- We currently have a need for short-term or long-term carers, respite carers (providing long-term carers with short breaks) and carers for emergency situations.
Glenhaven Family Cate
- Glenhaven Family Care is a Tasmanian Christian community organisation providing support to children and their families for over 60 years.
- Our carers provide care for children 0-18 years old for as little as one weekend a month up to fulltime, long term care.
- We provide care to children who are unable to live at home as well as a community respite program.
- Glenhaven welcomes enquiries from people wanting to make a difference in the life of a child or young person through caring.
- Kennerley is a Tasmanian non-aligned, not-for-profit community organisation and have provided support to children, young people and their families for over 150 years.
- Kennerley is a key provider of family based care programs for children and young people who are unable to live at home including foster care, respite care along with our community respite program.
- Kennerley welcome enquiries from all members of our community who are able to open their hearts and homes to make a difference to children, young people and the community.
03 6107 9300
Key Assets Australia
- Key Assets Australia is a non-government, not for profit, non-religious, children, family, and community services agency.
- We provide state-wide foster care services in Tasmania and specialise in “Sibling Care”.
- We believe all kids should have the right to grow up with their brothers and sisters, and we know how crucial this is for children and young people in foster care.
- We work hard to make sure our fabulous and diverse foster care community is well supported.
- We are always keen to talk about fostering with Key Assets.
- Click on the link or give us a call when you feel ready, our Recruitment Team will be very happy to answer your questions.
Life Without Barriers
- Across Tasmania, Life Without Barriers is looking for caring and nurturing people that can provide children and young people with a safe and supportive home.
- When it comes to fostering, no two children or families are the same.
- We welcome Carers of all sexualities and cultures.
- You can be single or partnered, working or retired, with or without children of your own.
- Life Without Barriers’ Foster and Respite Carers are never alone in their caring journey.
- We provide 24/7 support, ongoing training and have dedicated staff in each region.
- Life Without Barriers is a not for profit, social purpose organisation and Australia’s largest provider of out of home care services.
0472 869 969